The Ultimate “Pigmentation Eraser”
Dermamelan is the result of years of research into skin pigmentation disorders. It offers incredible results for treating hormonally induced and stubborn pigmentation such as acne scarring/marking, age spots and light freckling that is difficult to treat with IPL.
Dermamelan is an effective treatment that is used to treat skin blemishes that are caused by melanin including Melasma/Cholasma. It’s aim is to improve the overall tone and luminosity of the skin. It involves a combination of professional treatment and a home maintenance cream. The home maintenance cream must be used as guided to receive the maximum results. Dermamelan is suitable for all skin types with pigmentation.
A consultation is required for every new patient. This consultation enables you to express your concerns freely and confidentially. Following an assessment and examination a tailored treatment plan will be provided and the most appropriate treatment for you will be discussed.
DERMAMELAN IS GREAT FOR THE FOLLOWING CONCERNS:
- Cholasma /Melasma – brown or dark brown patches on the skin that usually occur with hormonal changes i.e pregnancy or the pill
- Freckles – small, sharply circumscribed pigmented spot(s)
- Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation – such as brown pigmentation after acne scarring
- Sun Damage – Severe mottling of the skin caused by extended exposure to the sun
- Blotchiness – Uneven skin caused by a number of factors such as genetics/sun damage.
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS/RISKS OF DERMAMELAN?
Dermamelan is a very safe procedure that delivers outstanding results, however there are a number of common side effects that can occur:
- Tightness – 5-6 days after your Dermamelan is removed as directed by your Therapist/Nurse, your skin may feel tight and can appear swollen. The skin will begin to peel from the mouth area outwards.
- Redness – once the mask is removed and during the use of the home cream the face can appear red this will vary depending on each patient.
- Skin Flaking/Peeling – Your skin will shed and peel within 7 days of treatment. This can vary from patient to patient and you may need to consider booking a few days off from work. The peeling could persist during your treatment course, but this usually starts to settle as the skin starts to build up a tolerance.
It is extremely important to follow the aftercare instructions given by Skin Care Australia Clinics for this treatment which will be delivered to you in your first consultation. It is also essential you use all use all homecare prescribed by your therapist/nurse.
You must not pick or peel back the skin throughout this process and you must avoid sun exposure.
We also offer Interest Free Payment Plans.