PRP otherwise known as Platlet Rich Plasma Treatment, is the regeneration of skin cells using the client’s plasma which is separated from the blood to reduce the appearance of ageing and wrinkles. It is a new approach appealing to patients seeking a more natural method to facial rejuvenation and it is a safe and tolerable procedure.
Platelets are cells in the blood which, when a blood vessel has been damaged, will initiate clotting and prevent further blood loss. It has now been found that platelets also trigger the repair process of the vessel by secreting cell signalling and growth factors. When we inject platelets into the skin for rejuvenation, we are taking advantage of these properties.
Your treatment will consist of a full face of skin needling using your plasma as a guide to be infused in to the micro channels of the skin. The remaining plasma will be injected in to the areas of concern by one of our nurses.
ADVANTAGES OF PPR THERAPY
• Autology: your own blood
• Tissue regeneration and rejuvenation
• Safety: non-allergenic and free from concerns over transmissible diseases such as HIV, Hepatitis B & C, CJD.
• Faster healing: no fibrosis formation compared to some long term synthetic fillers, for example
• Easy to use: dermal and hypodermal injections require only one syringe and one needle
• Convenience: PRP harvesting can be easily and quickly performed in our clinic. A sterile and registered specific kit for the blood puncture, the preparation of the plasma and the materials is used.
• Cost effectiveness
PPR CAN BE USED FOR
• Skin rejuvenation: Fine wrinkles, fine skin under eyes.
• Improvement in skin texture and tone
• Reversal of photo and chrono-ageing
• Hair Loss
You can expect slight swelling at the injection sight for several days. A warm feeling may be experienced for 24 – 48 hours. Most patients will require 1-4 treatments one month apart with results starting to show after 1-2 weeks.
APPROXIMATE AMOUNT REQUIRED FOR EACH AREA
• Lower face : 4
• Upper eyelids : 1
• Lower eyelids: 1
• Neck: 2-3
• Back of hands: 2
• Musculoskeletal (Includes tennis elbow, golfers elbow, biceps/triceps tendonitis, plantar fasciitis, muscle strains, tendon strains etc) : 1
We also offer Interest Free Payment Plans.